Matheson Café is a breakfast, lunch or dinner experience not to miss when visiting Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Glacier.
Matheson Café has the best views of Mt Cook and Mt Tasman and food to match. The restaurant has plenty of space for inside and outside dining so everyone can capture the alpine vista.
We pride ourselves on fresh and interesting food, great coffee, quality service and a wonderful location.
Breakfast, lunch and gourmet pizzas are on blackboard menus and change to suit seasonal ingredients. Deli style sandwiches, cakes, pies, cookies, salads etc are in the counter display cabinets, and all products are made on site.
Evening dining (November – March) provides an opportunity to enjoy some award winning cuisine, sample some New Zealand wine or beer and relax before or after a walk to Lake Matheson or after a day on the Fox Glacier or Franz Josef Glacier.
- Situated to the left of the Lake Matheson Walkway
- Quality espresso coffee
- Highlighting fresh seasonal ingredients
- Unlimited parking for cars campervans & buses
- Wheelchair access
- Children’s menus
- Open 7 days from 8am until late 01 November – 31 March, and 8am until 4pm 01 April – 31 October
- Bookings are welcome and essential for large groups and tours.