Okarito lagoon is New Zealand’s largest unmodified wetland area – surrounded by national park and rainforest, home to a variety of wading and forest birds and takes a special place in the history books of the West Coast.
Discover Okarito with this fantastic package for just $245pp:
- One night accommodation in the village of Okarito (walking distance to beach, Okarito wharf & lagoon).
- Two hour guided tour on the “Explorer Douglas” – customised for the Okarito lagoon & wetlands with Okarito Boat Eco Tours. Enjoy a hot drink and home baked treat onboard. You will also receive a bookmark with a check list for the birds you have seen while onboard.
- Lunch ($20 value) included for free! (wheat-free & gluten free available).
- A guided 2.5 hour tour of Okarito and easy forest walk with Glacier Valley Eco Tours. Including a hot drink and biscuits. This area is rich in history and is one of New Zealand’s hidden gems.
- If you like photography Glacier Valley Eco Tours never turn down the opportunity to pop in to see world reowned Andris Apses’ photography gallery!
Please enquire about adding extra nights. Accommodation can also be upgraded to hosted accommodation for $260pp.
Terms & Conditions:
Please note pickups are not available for this tour – please self drive to Okarito.
The boat and walk tour is approx 4.5 hours.
Departure times: 9:00am Summer (1st Oct – 30 April); 10:00am Winter (1st May – 30th Sep)