Discover Okarito with this Fantastic Boat & Walk Tour!
For only $185pp you will receive:
- 2 hour guided tour on the “Explorer Douglas” – customised for the Okarito lagoon and wetlands
- Lunch ($20 value) included for free! (wheat-free & gluten free available)
- Hot drink and home baked treat on board
- Bookmark with a check list for the birds you have seen while on board
- Guided tour of Okarito and forest walk
- Hot drink and biscuits
Did you know?
Okarito lagoon is New Zealand’s largest unmodified wetland area – surrounded by national park and rainforest, home to a variety of wading and forest birds and takes a special place in the history books of the West Coast.
Join Paula and Swade at Okarito Boat Eco Tours onboard the ‘Explorer Douglas’. During your 2 hour EcoTour they engage in both an informative and friendly way to help you discover the absolute magic of Okarito and its stunning environment – from wetlands to rainforest and mountain landscapes, and an amazing diverse range of bird life.
Then join Glacier Valley Eco Tours on their Okarito Eco Tour – a 2.5 hour easy guided walk with one of their knowledgeable local guides. Explore the old gold mining township of Okarito, and the walks it has to offer. Mountain and glacier views, flora and fauna, unique birds and wildlife, lagoon, beach, rich history and amazing sunsets; this is one of New Zealand’s hidden gems. They can tailor this trip to suit you – and if you like photography, then they never turn down the opportunity to pop in to see world renowned Andris Apses’ photography gallery!
What to Bring
Outdoor clothing for the day’s weather conditions, spare warm top layer of clothing, comfortable walking shoes, sun hat, sunblock, lip balm, sunglasses, camera and water bottle.
* Please note pickups are not available for this tour – please self drive to Okarito.
This package is approx 4.5 hours.
Departure times: 9:00am Summer (1st Oct – 30 April); 10:00am Winter (1st May – 30th Sep)