Matheson Café is a breakfast, lunch or dinner experience not to miss when visiting Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Glacier.
We have the best views of Mt Cook & Mt Tasman and food to match. The restaurant has plenty of space for inside and outside dining so everyone can capture the alpine vista.
We pride ourselves on fresh and interesting food, great coffee, quality service and a wonderful location.
Breakfast, lunch and gourmet pizzas are on blackboard menus and change to suit seasonal ingredients. Deli style sandwiches, cakes, pies, cookies, salads etc are in our counter display cabinets, and all products are made on site.
Our evening dining (November – March) provides an opportunity to enjoy some award winning cuisine, sample some New Zealand wine or beer and relax before or after a walk to Lake Matheson or after your day on the Fox Glacier or Franz Josef Glacier.
- Situated to the left of the Lake Matheson Walkway
- Quality espresso coffee
- Highlighting fresh seasonal ingredients
- Unlimited parking for cars campervans & buses
- Wheelchair access
- Children’s menus
- Open from 8am until late 01 November – 31 March, and 8am until 4pm 01 April – 31 October
- Bookings are welcome and essential for large groups and tours.
Booking and more information:
P: +64 3 751 0878
Lake Matheson Rd,
PO Box 86,