West Coast Wildlife Centre Franz Josef
The West Coast Wildlife Centre is centrally located in Franz Josef Glacier Village.
It is the official home to the breeding and incubation progarmme of the rowi kiwi. Found only in Okarito Forest, near Franz Josef Glacier, the rowi is New Zealand's rarest of rare kiwis.
- An all-weather indoor attraction - ideal for rainy days and families
- Open all year round, every day from 8:30am including Christmas Day
- See Rowi Kiwi in a natural bush walk through
- VIP Backstage Tours available
- Sights and sounds of the glacier region
- Children's fun facts tour
- West Coast movies, history and story telling
- Interactive displays
- New Zealand made or themed souvenirs
- Cafe and Bakery open from 8:30am
- Free WIFI
Tour groups and schools can enquire with us about personalised tours.
Booking and more information:
P: +64 3 752 0600
F: +64 3 757 0606
The West Coast Wildlife Centre is open 365 days of the year from 9am daily and offers the most amazing interactive tours to see New Zealand's rarest Kiwi.
Corner Cowan and Cron Streets,
Franz Josef Glacier,